This is a new post for ruby on rails developers, it is about most used databases commands you will need during development and testing
- rake db:migrate runs (pending) migrations that have not run yet.
- rake db:create creates the database
- rake db:drop deletes the database
- rake db:seed loads the seed data from db/seeds.rb
- rake db:schema:load creates tables and columns within the (existing) database following schema.rb
- rake db:setup does db:create, db:schema:load, db:seed
- rake db:reset drops and recreates the database from db/schema.rb for the current environment and loads the seeds
- rake db:test:prepare prepares the testing database to match the development database, the data is empty
- rake db:seed RAILS_ENV=test loads seed data from db/seed.rb into the testing environment
Here is the reference for other commands may be helpful databases.rake tasks
Help to do more!
The content you read is available for free. If you’ve liked any of the articles at this site, please take a second to help us write more and more articles based on real experiences and maintain them for you and others. Your support will make it possible for us.