This post will explain an easy way to get any database connection string. So, you can use this string to connect to your database using any developing Language.
- Right-Click on your Desktop.
- Then new Text Document.
- Change File extension from .txt to .udlfile.
- UDL file is data link file, can be opened by Microsoft Data Access.
- Double click on the file after changing the extension.
- You will see a form similar to the form above.
- From the provider tab, You can choose the type of database provider you want to use (Access, SQL Server, Oracle …).
- Connection tab will be different according to the provider you choose before from provider tab.
- The connection here for SQL Server Provider.
- The server name is the Database instance Name plus Machine Name.
- Logging to the database requires password and username that’s only if you use Mixed Mode in Installing SQL Server Database.
- If you don’t know the user and password user windows Integrated Security.
- Then if the information above is correct you will get all databases you created in “Select the database on the Server “Tab.
- Choose the one you want to connect to it.
- Test your Connection.
- Close the file by pressing OK button.
- Open the file with notepad.
- You will find the Connection String.
- Copy and paste in your Code.
Help to do more!
The content you read is available for free. If you’ve liked any of the articles at this site, please take a second to help us write more and more articles based on real experiences and maintain them for you and others. Your support will make it possible for us.